Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If you don't ask

Growing up I was encouraged to ask questions. Learning that, If you don't ask, you may never know.
I am new to writing and am working on my first novel. It's an exciting process of putting everything down on paper, seeing how the characters develop, and the story twists and turns. I was about 1/3 of the way through when I told myself, "You have got to do some research!" So I have been reading blogs on writing tips, publishing, editing, second person viewpoint, just about everything I can get my hands on, but as usual, I still have questions and some of them might be silly to you, but to me every detail is a major detail....so here goes today's topic questions...

Which paper do you use for your final print?
What font do you use and what size?
Is there a preference that literary agents and/or publishers prefer?

I know these might seem insignificant, but presentation is a big thing to me as I am sure it is to all of you.

Love to hear all your comments, opinions, and advice.
Have a beautiful and productive day!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Saw your post on Dina's blog. Good luck with your novel. You and I are the same age. :)

    My understanding is the standard font is New Times Roman and 12 point.
    As far as what paper? Not sure because so many want electronic submissions today. Don't worry about any of that now. Just get your story down.

    I'm happy to encourage you. I don't have all the answers but I can maybe tell you what did and didn't work for me. I was a Debut Author on Dina'a blog earlier this year if you'd like to check that out.

    Here's to you and your new writing adventure!!

    All the best,

    Kathleen M. Rodgers

    www.kathleenMRodgers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen. I will go back and check out your debut on Dina's blog. And yes I am open to suggestions, tips, tricks, advice and opinions. I have an open mind and believe that if we aren't open to other's opinions and advice we are setting ourselves up for failure. And believe me I have a lot of questions! So be prepared. As for writing my story it is coming along quite well just rounding past the halfway point on the typing part and three quarters of the way on the hand written.
    I hope you have a great day.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint