Thursday, September 29, 2011

Writing Bug!



The "Writing Bug" has gotten a hold of me! I don't know about you, but for the past 5 months I live, breath, eat, and sleep writing. Family and friends, especially Facebook friends, wonder what's up with me.




A little over a year ago I was sitting in my gift shop and had this story going through my head, but didn't do anything with it at the time. For me, I always have stories going through my head and tend to dismiss them as fantasies I dream up. In February 2011, due to the economy and a business partner who disappeared into the night. I closed my physical gift shop but continued to create custom gift baskets and keep my online business going.

Five months ago, tired of laundry and housework, the story in my head was stronger than usual, I picked up a notebook and pen, and my journey began. Three notebooks, 4 pens running out of ink,more than 20 hand written pages that still need to be typed, and over 70,000 words typed so far (I only type with 2 fingers), I know the Writing bug has got it's hooks into me!

Some people are naturals when it comes to writing. Am I a natural writer? I'm not sure. I know I had over a notebook written, before I told myself to do some research on writing. Am I any good? Once again, I'm not sure, that would have to be up to my readers. I do hope, as many writers do, that my book will pull the reader in, get them hooked, and keep them turning the pages to the very end.




I have always had stories go through my head and a great imagination. (Tea time with Elvis was one of my best ones when I was about 5!) So here I am, a 53 year old mom with three grown sons and am starting on a new journey in my life. Yep, the writing bug has definitely gotten me. Either that or I have completely lost my mind, as some of my family and friends seem to think and I couldn't be happier.




My question for you is.... Have you always had the writing bug?

If not, what, when, and where did it hit you? I'd love to hear your stories.




Wishing each and every one of you a very happy writing bug day!
   



     





2 comments:

  1. First - I'm an animal lover (2 dogs, 3 cats) so I like your blog header! What a sweet face.

    Second - Thanks for visiting my blog and following. I've followed you right back here. :) I wrote my first complete manuscript at the age of 23. It was AWFUL and will never see the light of day, but I proved to myself that I could do it. I've always written in one form or another, but just within the last few years started writing for publication. Love it!

    Third - Cheers to you for admitting you've been bitten with the writing bug and for jumping into the water. You probably already know that the water is warm and there are plenty of generous hands ready to offer assistance. Good luck with your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    First- Thank you for stopping by.

    Second- I am an animal lover too. That is my sweet little Mitzy and that photo was taken about 6 years ago. She is now 8 years old, but that is my favorite picture of her.

    Third- My curiosity always seems to get the best of me. Have you ever thought about pulling that manuscript out and changing this, rewriting that and just giving it an overall tweak or two and see if it works? I'm sure you have grown and matured as a writer, learned new ways to write along the way and have a whole new perspective on your writing, so.....Have you ever thought about it?

    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint