Friday, October 14, 2011

Something Different for Today!

I have a blog post that I have been wanting to type up, but I thought.... eh! Happy Friday everyone!

I am thinking this will be great on a spice cake or cupcakes
Pumpkin Buttercream Icing

Gluten-Free and Vegan

Makes 12

Ingredients

1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 1/2 cups powder sugar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. gluten-free almond extract
1 Tbsp. almond milk

Directions

In a large bowl, whip butter until fluffy using an electric mixer. Slowly, add remaining ingredients for 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
Serve atop gluten-free pound cake, freshly sliced fruit such as baked apples and as a dip for gluten-free sugar cookies.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint