Last week my other blog was awarded the Versatile Blogger award, so imagine the surprise I felt when yesterday this blog was awarded it too! And I'm excited, happy, and honored to accept it! So a gracious bow and big hugs for Felicity for nominating me! Thank you Felicity! Make sure you stop by her great blog and say hello! http://bookislandcastaway.blogspot.co.uk/
So let's get started! Here are the rules of the VBA:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. Done.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly. Once again this is hard!
I follow some of the most awesome blogs!
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
I want to thank you all for making me laugh and cry, groan and sigh. For sharing scrumptious recipes to make my stomach grumble, rumble, and growl and sharing beautiful photos to delight! So without further ado, here are my nominees. Drum roll please.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Wow! What don't you know about me? Hmm...
- I'm claustrophobic. Even when I'm in the car, no matter what the weather conditions, I have to have the window opened at least an inch! This stems to a childhood trauma, I suppose. (David this would fall into "The 2 years worth of stored memories. Kind of like your nightmare) There was a wicker clothes hamper with a lid in our garage next to the washer and my cousins and I had a dare to see who would fit in it and stay there the longest. (We used to see who could hold their breath the longest under water too) Anyway when it was my turn, my cousin Billy decided it would be funny to sit on the lid and not let me out. Haha...Thanks Billy!
- I've never been on a plane and have no desire to. (See #1) Yep, it's the fear of being closed up and way up there with a long drop!
- If you were to meet me in person, I am shy and quiet unless I am nervous, and then I babble, talk with my hands, say the wrong things and become clumsy.
- I go on health nut binges for up to three years at a time, where I eat nothing but plant based foods, but I don't qualify as a Vegan, because I like honey in my tea.
- I have big feet which I inherited from my dad. I wear a size 10 (woman's) and my dad wears a size 12 (men's) At least I didn't inherit his big ears! But my sister did!
- I am the tallest in my family (except for my dad who was 6'2, he's shrinking) at the amazon height of 5'5" My brother was 5'4", both my sisters are 5'3", and my mom was just under 4'11" before she passed away. I even had an uncle that was a horse jockey! (mom's brother)
- And last but not least, I have a desert tortoise. His name is Boxer and I have had him almost 27 years.