Last week my other blog was awarded the Versatile Blogger award, so imagine the surprise I felt when yesterday this blog was awarded it too! And I'm excited, happy, and honored to accept it! So a gracious bow and big hugs for Felicity for nominating me! Thank you Felicity! Make sure you stop by her great blog and say hello! http://bookislandcastaway.blogspot.co.uk/
So let's get started! Here are the rules of the VBA:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. Done.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly. Once again this is hard!
I follow some of the most awesome blogs!
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award – you might include a link to this site.
I want to thank you all for making me laugh and cry, groan and sigh. For sharing scrumptious recipes to make my stomach grumble, rumble, and growl and sharing beautiful photos to delight! So without further ado, here are my nominees. Drum roll please.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Wow! What don't you know about me? Hmm...
- I'm claustrophobic. Even when I'm in the car, no matter what the weather conditions, I have to have the window opened at least an inch! This stems to a childhood trauma, I suppose. (David this would fall into "The 2 years worth of stored memories. Kind of like your nightmare) There was a wicker clothes hamper with a lid in our garage next to the washer and my cousins and I had a dare to see who would fit in it and stay there the longest. (We used to see who could hold their breath the longest under water too) Anyway when it was my turn, my cousin Billy decided it would be funny to sit on the lid and not let me out. Haha...Thanks Billy!
- I've never been on a plane and have no desire to. (See #1) Yep, it's the fear of being closed up and way up there with a long drop!
- If you were to meet me in person, I am shy and quiet unless I am nervous, and then I babble, talk with my hands, say the wrong things and become clumsy.
- I go on health nut binges for up to three years at a time, where I eat nothing but plant based foods, but I don't qualify as a Vegan, because I like honey in my tea.
- I have big feet which I inherited from my dad. I wear a size 10 (woman's) and my dad wears a size 12 (men's) At least I didn't inherit his big ears! But my sister did!
- I am the tallest in my family (except for my dad who was 6'2, he's shrinking) at the amazon height of 5'5" My brother was 5'4", both my sisters are 5'3", and my mom was just under 4'11" before she passed away. I even had an uncle that was a horse jockey! (mom's brother)
- And last but not least, I have a desert tortoise. His name is Boxer and I have had him almost 27 years.
Congrats Karen. Well deserved. I love that you have owned a tortoise for 27 years. That is so cool.ReplyDelete
He a sweetheart and smart! Thank you Sydney!Delete
Shy?????????? Noooooooooo. :) You also have a very cute little blue elephant. hehehe. Congratulations Karen. You really are the Versatile Blogger. Well deserved award.ReplyDelete
Hi Wendy! I was wondering where the blue elephant came in! LOL That's okay I have quite a few friends named Karen and when we start talking back and forth on fb we confuse people!Delete
oops. Maybe you don't have that little elephant. I came via Karen Cote so got confused. Nevertheless it is clear you deserved your award. I salute you. :) It's sad you can't travel by plane. It really is an amazing experience and gets you to wonderful places in rapid time.ReplyDelete
Thank you and I'm glad you stopped by. Yeah one of these days I will have to try it, I have quite a few friends in Australia that would love to have me come and visit. But I don't know, I'm thinking someone will have to knock me out! lolDelete
Thank you very much!ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness! 27 years! When I found out that our turtle could have a life span of 50 years, I nearly fainted. I couldn't believe that I was going to have a pet that would be around that long especially since I didn't want him...initially! I think your tortoise is cute and waaaaay big!!!
He's not as big as a couple of others I took in one time. (They were aggressive towards my 2 so I had to find them new homes.) But Boxer is calm and sweet. He loves to be petted on top of his head, he knows his name and most of the time will come when you call him and if he wants to eat or come in the house, he scratches at the door! Do you still have your turtle?ReplyDelete
THANK-YOU very much for passing this award on to me! I am also honoured and I appreciate it very much. I shared your blog with my readers so I hope you get a few visits! I did not relist all of my favourite blogs because I have done that quite a few times in the last few months ( I didn't want to overload everyone) Have a look!! http://prytulka.wordpress.com/2012/05/20/making-a-nutella-loaf-and-thanks-for-the-versatile-blogger-award/ Have a great rest of the week-end!!!!
Congratulations, Karen! Definitely, a well deserved award. So cool! We used to have a turtle in our backyard in Costa Rica when I was a kid. It would show up one day and then disappear for a year or two and then show up again. Keep up the good work!ReplyDelete