First, I don't make resolutions. To me they are like "Promises" and "Rules"
"Never make a promise you can't keep."
"Rules were made to be broken"
So no resolutions here! For me they are just a way to set myself up for failure. But I want to share some other blogger's posts with you this morning on their resolutions and goals.
But wait! I do have some goals for 2012!
- I want to read more books by new authors. I'm a big Stephen King fan, but since I started writing in 2011, I decided to start reading books by new authors and giving them support. (And I'm doing good so far. I have read two books since Christmas by new authors. Richard C Hale and Carolyn Arnold.)
- To get better at writing reviews. I tend to be short and to the point!
- To improve my query writing. Here I also tend to be short and to the point.
- To keep learning new things.
- Finish writing the middle two books for my series, "Chris' Journey Turning Different Corners"
- And last, but not least, to reconnect with family and friends that I seem to have been neglecting since I started writing. I've heard being a writer is a lonely life and boy they weren't kidding!
And this is my tarot card this morning. Sounds good to me!
|"The Knight of Pentacles card suggests that my power today lies in practicality. I plan ahead and consider my options to set priorities or define goals that serve my long-term purpose. My values lay in the potential that often remains unseen by others. I am cautious, steady, optimistic and reliable and have earned the new trust or position that empowers me. My asset is accepting responsibility."|
So I wish each and everyone of you, "An awesome new year, filled with success for all your resolutions and goals!"