Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Twitter Profile Bios

Quick everyone Look at your twitter bio and the twitter bio of the tweeter next to you. 3...2...1...GO!
Okay did you check them out? Good. Now have you ever noticed how a lot of our profile bios sound like they should be on a dating website?
Disclaimer: Here are some examples and these are completely fictional and do not pertain to any tweeters that I know of.

I love walking in the rain, reading, dogs, kids, and I'm a writer.

Wonderful dad, writer, runner, and husband with awesome abs, check out my fb pics here.

There are so many different ones. The only thing missing is a physical description. I'm 5'5" weigh above 100, 34 26 36 and well there's just no describing me. What they don't tell you is they're either 72 or married with 6 kids! LOL!

Women who tell you they have been happily married for 10 years and yet have a profile pic of their jaw dropping cleavage that goes from here to there! What do their husbands think? Hmm... Or do they know?

And then there are some of the pictures (personally I have an iris for my profile pic, that's all you get, I'm not photogenic) A tweeter I follow changed their profile pic and I had to send them a DM and ask, "What is that?" Isn't that awful, I know shame on me, but they explained that it was a certain body part...Hmmm...okay and that they were trying to look sexy. Well if I have to ask what it is, it's not sexy! If you want a sexy profile pic, here's what you do. Girls wear your low cut blouse and take a pic of your cleavage, or if you have great legs, put on some stilettos and take a pic of your legs from the knee down, or take a pic of you in a short skirt.
And Guys, us women love to see your pecs and abs or your quirky smile and that raised eyebrow.

If you stop and think about it, Image is everything. It's how you want other people to see you.
I write sexy romance novels and I have a nice flat tummy and thin waist, but I don't post how I look in a bikini (That's reserved for fb :-) No I'm kidding you won't find them there either.)  but that's not how I want people to see me. I want people to see me as a writer of sexy romance books. The purple iris is my logo so when I comment somewhere, people know it's me.
I know, sex sells, but are you going to be doing a book signing in a bikini so people know it's you? Or, Guys are you going to be setting there shirtless showing off your abs while doing a book signing? Or an interview with an agent? Unless you are auditioning for Chippendales then I'd suggest going shirtless for sure!


Oh well just my take on things. Wonder how many twitter followers will unfollow and how many new followers I'll get? Maybe next time we'll talk about, "Do you ever wonder why certain people follow you on twitter?"


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint