Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stress? Me? Never! UGH!

First reason for the stress reduction kit...
The holidays are fast approaching!
And I'm NOT ready!

Second reason for the stress reduction kit...
I have been writing query letters and I have come to the conclusion...
I write Sucky Query letters!
The hook is okay. It's short, but says what I want to get their interest..
 I've got my contact information down to a "T"
But, It's that first part where you tell the publisher or agent why you are submitting to them. Do I really have to say why? I mean, I wouldn't submit to them if I didn't want to get their attention. I mean, I'm not sending out a million query letters, just a few hand picked chosen ones, that I have found in google search and that I have heard about through other writers and authors.

Okay well, most people request your query letter to be no longer than 1 page, so with mine they really don't have to worry, I think mine is a half a page long!
I know...But mine is short and to the point! It basically says, "Here's what I've got and here's where you can contact me." End of query. Hopefully, I will get better at it. I guess my main problem is, I'm not really good at sucking up, but will make you fudge and cookies to sweeten you up!

Well that's the reasons for my Stress Reduction kit. Feel free to print one up for yourself and use as needed!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Do you follow Query Shark? Great source for writing query letters.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin, Yes, I do follow her, but I think she's taking some holiday time since she hasn't posted since Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Query letters. They make me want to stab myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing your stress reduction kit. i will be using it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well let's all hope 2012 will be a little less stressful than 2011! Query on!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint