Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturdays Are for FUN!

 I'm going to age myself here, but....

Remember waking up on a Saturday morning, hurrying through your chores just so you could run out and play with your friends? You'd spend all day out riding your bike, jumping rope, playing tag, and hide and seek with all your friends. Remember?? Okay so maybe I personally didn't do that but....

Or maybe your time was getting up Saturday morning and heading straight for the video games, and your mom would tell you, "Quit playing those video games and go out and do something! Now when I was a kid..."
Okay mom, we've heard those stories before. Along with, "I had to walk 3 miles to school in 3 foot of snow...

BUT it's Saturday!

Get off the computer and Let your inner child out today, even if it's just for a brief time.
 Go to the park, take a walk around the block and check out everyone's Halloween decorations, Play fetch with the dog in the back yard, or if you have younger kids, go out and throw the football around.
 Or if you are feeling really brave, pump up those bicycle tires and ride around the block, up and down the street.
It'll be good for you!
 Great exercise, your body will thank you and so will your mind.
 And while you are at it think of all the different things you can add to your book!
Happy Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Saturdays are so sweet. Although driving a truck sometimes keeps me guessing as to what day/time it is, I can still picture so many Saturdays spent surrounded by books. Even during outdoor activities, they were there. Hubby complains about finding books in every nook and cranny in the truck. *Smiling to myself.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! That's awesome about the books in the truck. I grew up with truck drivers and still have a couple in the family. And nothing against truck drivers, just to let you know, I prefer the fast lane as far away from you as possible.:-)I have the utmost respect for truck drivers. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be sitting here on the computer! Thanks for stopping by and keep reading, I'm a big lover of the traditional paperback books that you can actually turn down the corner! Love to read.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint