Thursday, October 20, 2011

What do you want to Achieve?

Good morning and Happy Thursday everyone! Hope your day is going well.

I was reading a blog by Lindsay Buroker  http://www.lindsayburoker.com/
And it got me to thinking what do I want to achieve with my writing....
Do I want to get rich from it?
Be able to make a living from it?
Be famous?

I think..."A"  Yes, I would like to see money come in from it. Get rich? Nah...
             "B"   Make a living from it? That would be nice.
             "C"   Be famous?   Nah, I mean if that happens, okay, but not mandatory.

I think what I would like to achieve is to write good books that people will enjoy reading.
Get Published.
And I really, really, want to do at least one book signing!
I have no idea why I find that exciting.
Considering I'm the shy, bashful type, but I do love meeting new people,
 I just get all tongue tied when trying to talk to them,
but I am an excellent listener! :-)

I mean that is why I decided to sit down and put all those words to paper and computer, right?
To get published, so others can see into my world of imagination?
 Otherwise, what is the sense of sitting here, letting my legs go numb and my eyes go all wacky!

I am loving what I'm doing, creating a whole different world for others to read, is exciting and fascinating!

What are your goals? Your hopes? Your dreams? What do you hope to achieve?
 Or what have you achieved already?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog!

    I'm scared of the idea of a book signing, hah. I did send out some signed paperbacks on my site, but mailing them is different than sitting at a desk at the bookstore. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay Thanks for stopping by. Yeah the book signing would probably be a little intimidating for me too, but....I'd like to do it at least once just to see what it's like. I posted on here the other day that I went to Ozzy's book signing last week and it was kind of exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'd love to hear your viewpoint